Header img

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Best Gifts I've Ever Recieved

As far as physical gifts (the ones that require some value of monetary input on the giver's part) go, it's safe to say everyone receives their fair share of both "Oh My Gosh, how'd you know?" and "Oh My Gosh, I can't wait for you to turn away so I can throw this in the nearest waste receptacle." I'd like to share three of my most favorite gifts I've ever been given.


Stuffed Bunny Rabbit
From: Easter Bunny 
Received: Easter 1995
The Story: It's hard to believe this ratty bunny was once plush and an exuberant shade baby pink as years worth of love and cuddles are definitely visible now. This is my most prized possession and the one thing I'd go back to save if the house were to burn down. At one point I couldn't sleep without and even at 19 I prefer to leave a space for it among my blankets and pillows.

US Passport
From: Mom & Dad
Received: High School Graduation
The Story: This was the only thing I had asked for my high school graduation. Honestly I've only used it for a few long weekends with my friend's family to Mexico (I don't even think it's been stamped). Simply owning the tiny book gives me the feeling of having to world at my finger tips as if the universe and all it has to offer is mine for the taking.

❤ Refurbished Nikon D3200 DSLR

From: Mom & The Pops
Received: Christmas
The Story: I don't know much beyond the automatic setting on this thing (yet) but having a different perspective is both fun and refreshing. Because it was purchased refurbished, I'm not worried about being hard on it. I was told that the first camera you own is not meant to be ideal or perfect in any way, that I should "shoot the s***" out of it and learn what you like and don't like before venturing to want you really think you want/need (good advice from an aussie with a dip-dyed goatee). Overall, it's a gift that keeps giving through exhilarating challenges and the way I see the space around me.

What is your favorite gift you've ever received?

1 comment:

  1. Cool blog post!! Check mine out: http://aishjournal.blogspot.sg/?m=1

    ReplyDelete