Header img

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Winter Skin Essentials




❤Garnier Clean Nourishing Cleansing Oil
I had received a free sample of this last summer and I can remember thinking the world of this stuff when it removed every lick of makeup in 0.2 seconds flat. Now as a fair warning, I've only ever tried two oil cleansers in my life so I do not have much a scale to rate this on but I would recommend anyone at least give it a try. It's supposed to be formulated for dry skin but when you go to rinse the oil dissolves to leave no evidence.

❤Olay Fresh Effects Dew Over
My favorite moisturizers to use during the day are the gel ones because they absorb super quick. This one feels really fresh on the skin and takes care of my dry/flakey patches. Because the product is pretty thick, I only really use it for the driest parts and I'll use a lighter formula product for everywhere else. This sounds like a hassle when I say it here but this guy has saved the tip of my nose from flaking right off on multiple occasions.

Blistex ChapStick in Strawberry Lemonade Blast
Chapstick in the winter is a 'can't live without' kind of thing. I like this one because it's thick enough to really last and put the moisture right where you need/want it but not too think that your lips get sore from spreading the stuff where it needs to go. The one I have is in Strawberry Lemonade but the smell reminds me of the Shockers candy more than anything. The scent is refreshing after reaching for the holiday-ish ones in recent months.

❤ Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Treatment Mask
Now I've talked about this before (here) but I can't help but mention it again. For anyone with a need for a serious dehydration rescue, give this a go. A small dollop can be used as a night cream or a large amount can sit on your skin for 30 minutes and you'd still have to wipe away the excess. It leaves your skin feeling plump with moisture and I just love this.

❤The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream
As the newest addition to my goop collection, I don't have much to say but I do like it. It is very thick, smells pretty good, and basically its good at fulfilling it's designated job. Which, for clarification, is good.

❤J. R. Watkins Hand and Cuticle Slave in Mango
Now, I understand the meaning of 'hand and cuticle,' however, isn't the skin on your hands essentially the same as the skin on the rest of your body? I really enjoy this stuff for it's intended purpose but I also like to use it on my elbows, knees, feet. Smells like summer and is also really good at it's intended purpose.

Have any good tips for seasonal dry skin suffers? I'm begging you to send them my way! 

❤kpeterr






P.S. I've come to the conclusion blogging about beauty stuff is hard and fun and makes me feel very weird. I also feel like I may just flop over dead if anyone from my real life found this.

No comments:

Post a Comment